You Are

Thursday, May 24, 2012

time, time is no longer mine ~ 7 weeks

my 31st birthday & mothers day (happen to be on the same day)
 My sweet Alexandra, you sure keep me busy these days (=. so much to say but, i gotta get some sleep in there somewhere  
Well you defiantly dont let me get bored, wish i could say your a super easy baby and you never cry, but.... That's not the case. When u sleep your of course an angel, but when u are awake, you don't skip a beat.

Although we have taken  you almost everywhere now, and i do everything with you attached to me side. Your asleep when this all happenes. Since you sleep alot for the most part, and def through everything,  (although your sleep only last 30min to a few hrs) it still makes it easy to take you anywhere.
 But..... when you are awake ......totally different story!
Im learning all your signs and cues for what you need and want, cuz when you wake up, you demand 100% of my attention.
 Rather its to be; fed, changed, played with, rocked, burped or just to held you want it all!!!  Sooooo there is no putting you down and letting you entertain youself. I guess its only fair since  when u actually sleep nothing seems to phase you.

morning time
Although im learning everyday and hopefully getting better at juggling everything, iv realized time is rarely mine and when it is, i have to choice wisely on what to do with it.

At night i sleep when you are sleeping and wake up every 2-3 hrs with you for when you need to be fed and changed. But that the easy part. Its during the day that gets tricky. I try to get stuff done when your taking a lil cat nap but with alot to do everyday, it doesnt always work out.

I understand why people say " you wont have much time to do anything once you have a baby"  well thats not entirely true, you have some time, but it just gets cut in half. Half mine n the other half yours.

Which leaves me now only a quarter of time i use to have to do everything.

The hardest part for me, has been tring to learn how to put the rest of the world on hold when I'm busy w/you, and not get stressed out or feeling bad about doing so.

Whatever I happen to be doing or is going on during the day me, the moment your eyes open, the whole world kinda has to go away.
Your needs have to be taken care of first before mine and everyone else's.
Its NOT hard to do that when you love someone so much,  but the hard part comes when i get back to the world i realize how much more i have to do & how behind i am at times.

Since your so little still, you dont have a predicable schedule yet and at any moment you can go to sleep or be awake.
OB street fair
So its now just a game of figuring out what needs to get done when, and how fast can i do it.

I always said " I love challenges" and u keep me nothing short of that.

All that aside i can honestly say all the hard times become worth it, when you are happy. Ya maybe cheesy but true.
You started to smile the other day when i come up close and said something to you in a silly voice, i kept on talking to you as you smiled and fluttered your arms & legs with excitement.
   I quickly tried grabbing my phone to catch a video or pic of your first smile to show your dad, but between not wanting to miss a moment of that and my own  stupid eyes filling up with tears making them so blurry, i didnt get a chance to.


this is how we roll now


watching a pregnant bikini contest (your in disguise)

your dad tring to change your diaper @ a festival



grandpa george
first bath!! u loved it!

del mar (watching the solar eclipse)


First, Mothers Day as a mother
First, smile at me
First, making other baby sounds
First, passing gas non stop (;
First, seeing you grow out of your clothes
First,  grasp of a toy above you w/ those hands you havent discovered yet

beachy time







No comments:

Facebook Badge

20% Off your first order of $25 or more

Greating Cards